I can't actually take total credit for the title of this blog... in fact I think it's probably copyrighted or something. For any of you that are Broadway musical junkies, you would know that the musical that won the Tony for the best Musical this year was called In the Heights. I myself have practically no knowledge of musicals, but this musical is particularly special to me...
Last week, two of friends and I and were in NY, and one day we took a day trip into the city. We were planning to just check out the Chelsea Galleries, but just as we were about to head home a friend offered us free tickets to a Broadway musical! I had never seen any professional productions, so that in itself was exciting, but on top of that, they were tickets for In the Heights, a musical about Washington Heights!!! (Now you know how I knew that random piece of Broadway trivia!)
God works in such mysterious ways! He brought these randomly free tickets into my path, to a show that just happened to be about the culture that I'm going to be heading into in just a few short weeks. Now I'm not saying that I'm an expert now on the culture of Washington Heights, or that the musical is at all a reliable source for what life in that area of the city is like... I'm sure most people don't go around around singing and dancing all day... but it did remind me of where I'll be going, and got me even more excited to see what it's really like to live "in the Heights". :)
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
God is so good Heather! He just continues to confirm His plans for you over and over again!
Post a Comment