Wednesday, June 17, 2009

FIVE DAYS!!!

Five days until what, you ask... five days until I am actually on the mission field!!! That's right, by this time next Mon, June 22nd, I will be settling in to my temporary home in NYC.

Now I know it's been a while since I've posted anything here, and that's mainly because I haven't had much new news to share. This position is so new that there's a lot of unknowns both on my end and MTW's. While being in the dark on just about everything can be very frustrating, it has turned out to be good because it has forced me to let go of my control and see the amazing ways in which God works.

For example... I got a call from my internship coach this morning with a conversation that went something like this:

" Good news: we finally found a place for you to live at Union Theological Seminary. Bad News: it'll cost you $400 more dollars than we budgeted. Good News: you raised $400 above your support level."


So, in conclusion, God has a perfect plan and there's no need for me to mess with it! :)

As I head to the field next week please continue to pray for:
  • peace for me as I get adjusted to a new and unfamiliar environment. Pray that in everything I would remember to "not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, offer your requests to God." Philippians 4:6
  • the three other MTW interns I will be living with. While they will be part of a completely different ministry, these girls will be my roommates, neighbors, and fellow "kingdom workers". They will not be heading to NYC until July 1st, but please keep them in your prayers as they prepare to leave.
  • unity between me and team at Operation Exodus. Please pray that I have the boldness and courage to put myself out there and form strong, godly relationships with these people.

Thanks so much for all your prayers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather,

All the best on your missions trip. I'm glad that God has paved the way for you to go and I'm sure you guys will do great things in His name. Keep on updating while you are there!

Jabez

Daddy and Mommy said...

As I write this, we are preparing to help you move into NYC tomorrow! Grandma is so excited to be here to make the trip with us! I can't wait to see what the Lord will do in and through you in the next seven weeks Heather. We have witnessed His marvelous hand in your life this past year. That gives me every confidence to trust Him to take care of you in wonderful ways this summer. I will miss you SO much, but you know I'll be praying for you SO often! I am so proud of you Heather and I love you so very much, Mommy

Daddy and Mommy said...

Sorry for the crazy sign-in name on our last entry! :)

Unknown said...

Heather,
Tom and I are praying for you and we KNOW the Lord will use you as the fit vessel He has prepared for this exact mission and ministry. We are so proud of you. Love Sue

jlk98rek said...

Heather, congratulations on moving forward and taking the plunge into your new mission. We are so excited for you and know that you will do great things. Look who is the captain of your ship? Now look for the hidden treasures along the way. Our prays are with you and our admiration too.

Janet and Bob K.